Configuring Magento to use SSL¶
Setting up Magento to use SSL is a relatively simple process. These instructions below work for version 1.x, if you're using 2 they might differ.
Setting up Magento v1.x to use SSL¶
- Navigate to your Magento administrative panel.
- Navigate to 'System > Configuration'
- Select 'Web' on the left hand side beneath the General section.
- Select the 'Secure' link.
- Adjust the base url to use https:// instead of http://
- Change 'Use Secure URLs in Frontend' & 'Use Secure URLs in Admin' to 'Yes'.
- Hit 'Save Config' in the upper right.
All set! Navigate back to your store using https & confirm everything is functional. If anything is awry, contact fused