Retrieving your domain's authorization code from Cirtex Hosting¶
Retrieving your auth key or EPP code from Cirtex Hosting allows you to move your domain name registration to another domain registrar. To start, understand that moving your domain registration should be seamless. There should be no impact to your web hosting services. This process should be relatively trouble free.
Cirtex Hosting EPP code Exemptions¶
Some domain TLDs do not require authorization codes. These include first and foremost, .uk, .bz, .cc, .gd, .im, .tc, .tel, .tv, .vg, and .ws — you can review the epp code exemptions here if needed.
Unlock your domain
Before you can transfer a domain, you'll need to unlock it.
Getting your auth key from Cirtex Hosting¶
that as Cirtex Hosting has merged with Hostnine, we'll be using the Hostnine instructions from here forward.
There are two options to retrieve your EPP from HostNine / Cirtex Hosting:
- Log in to the HostNine Client Area
- Click My Domains, near the top, and then click Manage Domains next to the domain you'd like to transfer
- Navigate to the Registrar Lock tab
- Click the Disable Registrar Lock button
- Click the Management Tools tab and then click Get EPP Code from the ensuing dropdown
- Copy the code next to the text "The EPP Code for your domain is"
If you have domain privacy enabled email the HostNine team to have it disabled as the EPP won't arrive if it's enabled.