Retrieving your domain's authorization code from FastDomain¶
Retrieving your auth key or EPP code from FastDomain allows you to move your domain name registration from FastDomain to another domain name registrar like Fused. You might want to do that if FastDomain is increasingly unresponsive, expensive, or difficult to reach in an emergency.
To start, understand that moving your domain registration should be completely seamless. There should be no impact to your hosting services regardless of what provider you're using.
Fastdomain EPP code Exemptions¶
Some domain TLDs do not require authorization codes. These include first and foremost, .uk, .bz, .cc, .gd, .im, .tc, .tel, .tv, .vg, and .ws — you can review the epp code exemptions here if needed.
Unlock your domain
Before you can transfer a domain, you'll need to unlock it.
Getting your auth key from FastDomain¶
- Log in to the FastDomain control panel
- Select Domain from the top.
- Select the specific domain name from the list.
- Click on the EPP Transfer tab on the right.
- You'll then see the EPP code which you can then wield to transfer the domain.