How to unlock your domain name with HostMonster¶
This article will explain how to unlock a domain name at HostMonster in preparation to transfer your domain name to Fused or another registrar.
By default, HostMonster keeps your domains locked unless you specifically request it unlocked. Locked domains can't be transferred to another registrar or account. When you make changes to a domain's settings, such as updating nameservers or contact information, HostMonster (and most registrars) automatically re-locks the domain name if its unlocked. To transfer your domain name, however, you must unlock it.
Account might be locked
If you can't perform the steps below, it's possible your account itself is locked for sixty (60) days. The following are reasons why your account is in the lockout period:
- Registering or transferring a domain name
- Updating the registrant contact's organization
- Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed
Unlocking your Domain at HostMonster¶
In order to unlock your domain at HostMonster, please follow the supplied instructions:
1. Login to HostMonster control panel
2. Navigate to
Domains on the main menu
3. Scroll down and select the domain you want to transfer from the list on the left.
4. Several tabs for the domain will appear to the right, which you’ll use to view and update your settings. To unlock the domain, select
Lock & then