Retrieving your domain's authorization code from A Small Orange¶
Retrieving your auth key or EPP code from A Small Orange (ASO) allows you to move your domain name registration to another domain registrar. You might consider that if ASO is becoming increasingly less responsive, or difficult to reach in an emergency.
To start, understand that moving your domain registration should be seamless. There should be no impact to your web hosting services. This process should be relatively trouble free.
A Small Orange EPP code exemptions¶
Some domain TLDs do not require authorization codes. These include first and foremost, .uk, .bz, .cc, .gd, .im, .tc, .tel, .tv, .vg, and .ws — you can review the epp code exemptions here if needed.
Unlock your domain
Before you can transfer a domain, you'll need to unlock it. If you've done that, proceed. Otherwise check out our docs on unlocking a domain with asmallorange.
Getting your auth key from A Small Orange¶
There are two options to retrieve your EPP from A Small Orange:
- Email them, as per their documentation here:
Or, you can try via their interface like such:
- Go to the A Small Orange Client Area & login.
- Navigate to domains > my domains.
- From here, identify the domain for which you will be requesting the EPP code.
- To the far right of the domain, just beyond status, there is wrench icon. Click the wrench and you should now see the management page for your domain.
- Now, on the far left side of the screen, you should see a list of pages, of which you are currently viewing "Overview."
- At the bottom of the list reads "Get EPP Code." Simply click there and you should be taken to a new page informing you that your request was successful and that an email containing the EPP code has been sent to the registrant email address for your domain.