Transferring your domain name from GoDaddy¶
Transferring a domain name from GoDaddy to any domain registrar involves 3 steps, all of which should take less than 15 minutes to execute. Below, we list the steps required.
Warning: Don't miss these savings! Save 35% or more by using Fused
Consider transferring your domain to Fused.com: Use the coupon code godaddy-transfer to save 35%+! Use our instructions to transfer a domain name from godaddy to fused.
Transferring your domain name away from GoDaddy¶
Here are a list of steps you'll need to follow in order to transfer a domain name away from GoDaddy:
- Unlocking the domain name at godaddy
- Retrieving the EPP Code from godaddy
- Transferring a domain to a competing company, for ex: Transferring your domain name to Fused
Authorizing a domain transfer away from GoDaddy¶
In order to approve the domain transfer from GoDaddy, you'll need to authorize it like such:
- Log into your GoDaddy account at GoDaddy.com's Management Panel
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- From the top, green menu bar, click Domains > Transfers.
- Select the check box next to your transferred domain, and click the Accept/Decline button in the top toolbar.
- Choose Accept, and click OK.
Once accepted, the transfer will take 3 days to complete.