Unlocking your domain at Hostgator¶
Unlocking your domain at Hostgator disables the security mechanism that prevents a domain name from transferring between registrars.
To unlock your domain at Hostgator, follow these instructions:¶
- Go to hostgator billing system
- Click on the Manage Domains tab.
- Log in with your billing account email and password to access any domains attached to that billing account. (This will be the same login as https://portal.hostgator.com.) Once logged in, you will see any domains attached to the billing account along with basic information about each domain.
- Click on the desired domain name to get to the Domain Overview which will show more details about the selected domain and provide access to several other functions.
- Click the Domain Locking tab from the left-hand menu.
- On the Domain Locking page, select the Locking OFF radio button to unlock the domain
- Click Save Domain Locking to save your changes.
- All set, now you'll need to request your EPP from hostgator if you haven't, & transfer.
Unlocking your domain name allows it to transfer from registrar to registrar, please only do so when ready.
Get in touch with our team if any questions arise.