Unlocking your domain at Bluehost¶
Unlocking your domain disables the security mechanism that prevents a domain name from transferring between registrars.
To unlock your domain at Bluehost, follow these instructions:¶
- Log into your bluehost control panel.
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Click the Domain name to highlight it. The right side will populate with tabs.
- Unlock the domain on the LOCK tab.
- Turn off privacy on the PRIVACY tab.
- You will receive an email with an Auth code and a link. Follow the instructions in the email.
- All set, now you'll need to request your EPP if you haven't, & transfer.
Unlocking your domain name allows it to transfer from registrar to registrar, please only do so when ready.
Get in touch with our team if any questions arise.