How to unlock a domain¶
Unlocking your domain name allows you to transfer it between registrars. It's important to keep your domain locked at all other times. Below we'll detail how to unlock your domain name at Fused, and, cover a number of other registrars.
An example of how to unlock your domain at bluehost¶
Unlocking your domain disables the security mechanism that prevents a domain name from transferring between registrars.
To unlock your domain at Bluehost, follow these instructions:¶
- Log into your bluehost control panel.
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Click the Domain name to highlight it. The right side will populate with tabs.
- Unlock the domain on the LOCK tab.
- Turn off privacy on the PRIVACY tab.
- You will receive an email with an Auth code and a link. Follow the instructions in the email.
- All set, now you'll need to request your EPP if you haven't, & transfer.
Unlocking your domain name allows it to transfer from registrar to registrar, please only do so when ready.
Get in touch with our team if any questions arise.
Instructions on how to unlock your domain name with various registrars¶
Depending on providers, instructions on unlocking your domain are going to vary. Here's a list of links to various instructions: