Retrieving your domain's authorization code from bluehost¶
Retrieving your auth key or EPP code from bluehost allows you to move your domain name registration. You might want to do that if bluehost is unresponsive, or difficult to reach in an emergency.
To start, understand that moving your domain registration should be seamless. There should be no impact to your hosting services. This process should be relatively trouble free.
Bluehost EPP code Exemptions¶
Some domain TLDs do not require authorization codes. These include first and foremost, .uk, .bz, .cc, .gd, .im, .tc, .tel, .tv, .vg, and .ws — you can review the epp code exemptions here if needed.
Unlock your domain
Before you can transfer a domain, you'll need to unlock it. If you've done that, proceed. Otherwise check out our docs on unlocking a domain with bluehost
Getting your auth key from bluehost¶
- Log into your bluehost control panel.
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Click the Domain name to highlight it. The right side will populate with tabs.
- Unlock the domain on the LOCK tab.
- Turn off privacy on the PRIVACY tab.
- Modify the name servers to point to the new name servers (OPTIONAL) in the NAME SERVERS tab.
- Get the EPP/Authorization Code from the TRANSFER EPP tab. (You will need this to give to Fused).
- You will receive an email with an Auth code and a link. Follow the instructions in the email. BlueHost's system should approve your request momentarily.