Retrieving your domain's authorization code from Network Solutions¶
Retrieving your auth key or EPP code from Network Solutions allows you to move your domain name registration. You might want to do that if Network Solutions is unresponsive, or difficult to reach in an emergency.
To start, understand that moving your domain registration should be seamless. There should be no impact to your hosting services. This process should be relatively trouble free.
Network Solutions EPP code Exemptions¶
Some domain TLDs do not require authorization codes. These include first and foremost, .uk, .bz, .cc, .gd, .im, .tc, .tel, .tv, .vg, and .ws — you can review the epp code exemptions here if needed.
Unlock your domain
Before you can transfer a domain, you'll need to unlock it. The instructions below cover this, particularly step six.
Getting your auth key from Network Solutions¶
- Go to network solutions account manager and login.
- Click on My Domain Names under the My Products and Services tab. If you have only one domain name, continue to the next step, if you have multiple Domain Names, click Manage to the right of the domain name you are making the changes for.
- In the DETAILS section, click Turn Off or Request Authorization Code in the Transfer Lock row.
- Check the box that you acknowledge the warning and click CONTINUE TRANSFER
- Choose the options from the drop-down menus and click REQUEST AUTHORIZATION CODE
- On the next page, mark the circle next to Leave Domain Transfer Lock Off, Check the box for Request Authorization Code, then click save.