Using OSX Mac Mail with Fused¶
Important: Before proceeding with the instructions in this article, you will need to have created an email account. If you have not done that yet, stop and do that now before proceeding.
If you have never used Mail before, the first time you open it you will be prompted for your email account details. If you've used Mail before, access the
File menu and select
Add Account to configure Mac Mail with a new email account.
Enter your name, full email address (
email@example.com), and password in the space provided. These are the same details you will have configured in cPanel's Mail section when you created a new email account earlier within the provided cPanel control panel.
Now, click Create. Mac Mail will now attempt to use AutoDiscovery to determine what settings your email account should use. cPanel and the mail server we provide supports AutoDiscovery and Mac Mail should be able to automatically configure the remaining details for your account. If this is successful, then you are finished and can begin using the email account.
If for some reason AutoDiscovery fails, then you will need to manually configure your email account settings using the instructions below.
Manual Mac mail Configuration¶
If AutoDiscovery of your account settings fails, then you will need to manually configure Mac Mail as described below.
Incoming mac mail settings¶
- First, you will need to deselect
Automatically set up accountif this setting is enabled. Then, click Continue.
- Select either POP3 or IMAP for Account Type. Our service can use either, but we recommend imap.
- Now, enter your Incoming Mail Server. If you selected imap as recommended, use imap.fused.com — otherwise pop3.fused.com for pop3.
- Enter your email account User Name and Password. Your username will always be your email address, and your password will be the email account password you configured in cPanel earlier.
If prompted, enter your Incoming Mail Security settings. Select
Passwordfrom the drop down list, and we would strongly suggest you check
use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Outgoing mac mail settings¶
- You will now be prompted for Outgoing Mail Server settings. Use smtp.fused.com
- Now, check the
Use Authenticationbox and enter your User Name (again, this is always your email address) and password. These are the same username and password details you used earlier for Incoming Mail Server. Click Continue.
- You should now be presented with a summary of your account settings. Check the
Take account onlinebox and then click Create and you're done.
Mac Mail will connect to our mail server and your email account is ready to use