Before we get underway, understand that our migration documentation is a general guide of how to get started with shared hosting. While we try to cover many edge cases in the migration process, your process may differ significantly depending on the scale of your website and where you're at in the process.
If you don't care for walls of text, skip right on down to our migration checklist
For ex., if your starting a brand new website the migration process takes all of thirty seconds. Still, for most existing sites you're looking at most an hour of your time. If you've got an existing business with revenue, we suggest considering one of our packages that include migration assistance where we'll handle this entire process for you.
Signing up for shared hosting¶
The first step in the process is to sign up for a shared hosting account. If you haven't already, sign up (use the coupon code 50off for 50% off): Sign up for shared hosting
Web Hosting Migration Checklist¶
Information you'll require before moving your account¶
- Access credentials to your domain name registrar where your domain resides (to change dns)
- Access credentials to your existing web hosting account
- A digest of email account usernames/passwords, if you'll be moving your email to Fused.
Tasks in recommended order¶
- Sign up for web hosting
- Migrate your website (databases, content)
- Migrate your email data & accounts
- Test the website on Fused
- Test email access
- DNS Adjustments
- Adjust A records to point to Fused
- Change nameservers to the Fused nameservers
- Test, test, test some more.
All set? Done!