Connecting to an email account¶
Email Connection Settings¶
Your email connection settings are as follows:
|IMAP||imap.fused.com||993 for SSL/TLS|
|POP3||pop3.fused.com||995 for SSL/TLS|
|SMTP||smtp.fused.com||465 for SSL, 587 for TLS|
Never connect using unencrypted ports.
What ports should I connect on?¶
Always ensure that SSL or TLS is used for every connection.
Differences between pop3 & ?¶
POP3 & IMAP differ greatly in the way that they operate, but the key differences from a user's perspective are detailed below.
- You can use multiple devices with the account to synchronize & manage it. You could create a folder, move mail to it, and it'll show on all of your devices. Delete, read, manage messages in whatever way you want — and all of those things are sync'd.
- Email is backed up on our system, allowing us to back it up & restore messages you delete accidentally.
- Due to email being stored on our server, your email account will use more storage.
- Given the email is stored on our system, law enforcement agencies, & nefarious groups could gain access to your account and retrieve any emails you leave on the system.
- Feels faster in some circumstances.
- Emails are downloaded, mitigating some privacy & security concerns.
- You'll be responsible for backups, as the messages won't remain on the server.
- No synchronization, though you can enable 'Leave messages on server' in most clients, to redownload them on other devices.
- Uses up more local storage on your devices.
Not sure which?
Decide later! You can always create an IMAP account within your mail client, delete it & try again with .