Using 3rd party email providers with Fused
Not following these instructions could break your mail
Do note that at any point if these steps aren't adhered to properly, your mail will cease functioning entirely.
Changing your MX records to use Google¶
Step by step instructions on changing your MX entries to google:
- Login to cPanel for the domain you wish to use google apps/gmail for.
- Navigate to the
- Next to the relevant domain, select
- Use the filter option to just show
- Edit the existing record shown, and populate the priority field with
1& the destination field with
- Select the dropdown next to
Add Record& select
Add MX Record.
- Repeat the process of adding the remaining four records below.
- Lastly, but most importantly find the cPanel section
Email Routingand ensure 'Remote Mail Exchanger' (or Automatically Detect Configuration if you intend on changing it in the future) is set within the 'Email Routing' section.
Please, take a few moments to test everything within 15 minutes of making the changes.
GMAIL/Google apps's current MX records¶